So there you have it. Faster, higher, stronger. Whatever.
- According to the marketing, Raze is "a four player, weapon based, fighting game that mixes "over the top" special moves with awesome magical attacks."
Yeah, right. If I ever did design a game, believe me, you'd know. There would be FLAMETHROWERS and Jeeps and Vespas of DEATH and Sigourney Weaver would get to be Lara Croft and Gina Gershon could be anyone she liked, up to and including the OVERFIEND. Tournaments would be conducted in SALT PANS in the DESERT. Goths, vampyres and persons who had made their own chainmail in the garage as teenagers would NOT be invited to play.
- Not that I'm bitter, but in primary school, I was reserve Wing Defence on the 'B' netball team. Worms are lower, but not by much.
Now there's a big sign in the Commonwealth near where I work, saying the bank sponsors Australian netball. Hell, I was thinking of changing banks anyway. The unspeakable Anne Sargeant aside, is that no-stepping rule calculated to wreck young women's knees, or what? Our culture's equivalent of footbinding?
- I wish I'd known Muhammad Ali when he was young.
- Reality check: however gloomy things seem, kids, it's really, truly not worth dying just to climb a mountain. Yeah, and Susie Maroney? People DIED getting out of Cuba. Come on, people, this is REAL LIFE, not a PHOTO OPPORTUNITY. Work with me.
Yeesh. What goes on in their heads?
- But the last word on sport goes to my man Georges Perec. W is a small island off Tierra del Fuego. The island is entirely dedicated to the Olympic ideal. The athletes are encouraged to compete and to win, to cheat and to hate, to rape and to kill. Yeah!